The Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS) designs and implements programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage Landos’ talent pool. The TAS conducts the full lifecycle of employee recruitment, representing Landos as a great place to work and grow. The TAS evaluates and provides reports regarding the effectiveness of Landos’ talent strategies for growing while maintaining lean and agile models. The TAS may be responsible for developing training programs aims at aligning talent management with organizational goals and corporate culture. The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Guide and manage the overall provision of talent management and HR services, policies, and programs for the company including but not limited to:
- Work closely with management and functional leads to understand the current and future staffing requirements, including staffing levels, locations and qualifications.
- Perform the full lifecycle recruiting and staffing; Establishes and leads the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce and effectively retain existing talent. Interviews management; performs pre-screening activities and serves as part of the interview team for position finalists.
- Implement innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates aligned with the corporate culture, utilizing social networks, employee networks and professional organizations. Coordinates and attends recruiting events such as job fairs and college open houses.
- Post positions using a variety of venues including websites, linkedIn, etc.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Formulates and recommends talent management policies and objectives for the company on any topic associated with employee relations.
- Employee, consultant and contractor screening.
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training; employee relations.
- Policy development and documentation; Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Payroll, compensation, leave, and benefits administration.
- Interface with talent management consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conduct a continuing study of all talent management policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Prepares periodic reports for the Chairman, President, and CEO, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both the company website, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information; and the employee Intranet, wikis, newsletters, and so forth.
- Partners with management to communicate talent acquisition and management policies, procedures, programs aligned with corporate culture and mission.
- Updates employee handbook on a regular basis as requested by the CEO.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process through action plans with non-performing employees.
- Develops recommendations for employment terminations and presents them to the CEO for approval.
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Ensure that talent management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program effectiveness plus alignment with entrepreneurial corporate culture and efficiency.
- Keeps the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans.
- Any other tasks requested by the President and CEO.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of broad HR experience including talent management and performance management.
- Recent experience recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k package
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule