Position and Landos Statement
Landos Biopharma Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company looking for a highly motivated Research Scientist with previous research experience in immunology, biotechnology and drug development. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in biotech, immunology, bioinformatics or related field be well-versed in common laboratory practices, skills, and techniques to support preclinical, translational, and clinical studies.
The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experimental Design: Generate and test novel experimental hypotheses to advance discovery-based R&D at Landos. Propose controlled designs capable of robustly testing respective hypotheses to draw conclusions relevant to drug development research.
- Data analysis: Utilize established and novel methods to analyze data. Data types will include but are not limited to flow cytometry results, high-throughput sequencing, protein biochemistry assays, and histopathology.
- Data communication and reporting: Provide detailed reports of experimental results. Generate figures, presentations and publications to communicate results with scientific community, investors, and collaborators. Support the development of patents and grants relevant to on-going research.
- Laboratory Procedures: Perform various standard experimental assays including quantitative real-time PCR, Western blot, flow cytometry, and ELISA. Work in sterile conditions to conduct cell culture experiments and maintain the growth of cell lines. Express and purify recombinant protein. Collect and analyze generated data.
- Personnel Training: Training of Landos personnel on laboratory upkeep, experimental assays and research projects. Guide the personnel resourcing of projects and tasks.
- Animal Procedures: Conduct various IACUC approved laboratory animal procedures and techniques for Landos projects including but not limited to basic rodent handling, oral gavage, intraperitoneal injection, blood collection, and euthanasia. Interact with animal facility personnel to maintain organization and compliance of animal facilities.
- Teamwork: Work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment. Be able to successfully work with other Landos team members in experiments.
- Regulatory Compliance: Support regulatory compliance efforts as instructed by the senior leadership in accordance with IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocols. Implement, organize and maintain regulatory compliance records.
- Record keeping: Keep detailed records of all activities, record these activities in ASANA, Google Drive, laboratory notebook, the Landos Colony Management System (CMS), and Labkey. Provide weekly updates of the Landos research progress to the Scientific Director, and Landos team.
- Any new responsibilities or changes in the reporting structure as directed by the Landos leadership.
- Passion for teamwork, immense energy, absolute integrity, and an A+ attitude.
- Relevant academic or industry research experience in immunology or drug development.
- Strong publication record in relevant fields.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with laboratory and research practices
- A+ attitude, great work ethic, and attention to detail
- Robust initiative, passion for Landos Biopharma Inc.
- Capacity to foster a fast-paced, yet supportive, working environment
- Organized with ability to multi-task
- Mouse handling and genotyping
- Laboratory assays: real-time PCR, Western blot, and ELISA
- SOP development, record keeping skills
- Knowledge of mucosal immunity and inflammatory processes
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry staining and analysis
- Analytical software: PRISM, FACS Diva, FlowJo, Excel, SAS, IPA
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, interpreting and presenting experimental data and developing reports
- IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocol writing experience
- PhD in biotech, immunology, bioinformatics or related field
- Demonstrated expertise at maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Performs consistently beyond expectations.
- Maintains a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while performing the Company’s work.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Company’s Facebook page: