Landos Biopharma is an emerging clinical-stage biotech company looking for a highly motivated individual with an A+ attitude to help manage agile/lean operations in a dynamic, high growth biotech company. The Project Manager, IPO Preparation/Readiness must be able to manage a number of IPO preparation and clinical development tasks and projects simultaneously. A successful candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with proven ability to follow through. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Help create and execute company’s IPO readiness plan and/or merger integration engagements.
- Supporting the senior team in executing IPO readiness plan. Developing knowledge management, including tools, methodologies, reports, models, work plans, playbooks, checklists and processes.
- Prepare toolkit complete with knowledge of best practices, templates, weekly reporting tools, checklists, governance frameworks and methodology to immediately identify areas of strength, as well as process gaps.
- Understand business value drivers and the corporate environment.
- Develop goals for the organization and a business strategy.
- Review the quality of financial reporting.
- Assess the corporate governance model.
- Consider tax implications and other legal and regulatory matters.
- Engage in initial discussions with external advisors.
- Develop detailed IPO timetable and Gantt chart with key milestones.
- Set up a project management office to ensure goals are met.
- Create communications strategy and form/engage investor relations group.
- Consider interdependencies between various work streams to achieve company’s mission.
- Perform internal controls assessment.
- Draft key components of the prospectus and ensure financial reporting requirements are met.
- Pre-clear accounting and/or reporting issues with regulators.
- Prepare information for due diligence.
- Respond to regulatory comments.
- Update the design of governance structure requirements, documents and processes.
- Finalize tax structuring.
- Post IPO Develop a plan for ongoing financial reporting commitments as a public company.
- Evaluate status of internal controls gaps and their associated mitigation plans.
- Create ongoing external reporting calendar with key timelines.
- Consider ongoing training and development needs.
- Monitor effectiveness of the board/management governance structure and benchmark against peer agile/lean efficient organizations.
- The candidate will perform detailed financial analysis and effectively communicate key takeaways to the executive leadership at the company.
- Create financial models and analysis, support operational planning as well as various transaction in preparation of IPOs, merger, and other transformative corporate actions.
- Other tasks provided by CEO.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems; MBA a plus;
- CPA, CTP, CFA, CAIA or other advanced certifications.
- Project management experience.
- 6 years of experience in Event Readiness (carve-out, IPO preparation, M&A integration) with experience in at least 5 transactions.
- Ability to effectively lead projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Self-starter mentality, ability to work independently, and motivation to learn and apply new techniques, technical skills, and knowledge required by duties and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial acumen.
- Experience with ERPs and/or other key IT platforms is preferred. Experiences can include (but are not limited to) system administration, business requirement analysis, vendor selection, and/or system implementation support.
- Ability to train and develop staff.
- Excellent teamwork, client facing, and interpersonal skills.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Company’s Facebook page: