Landos Biopharma Inc. is looking for a highly motivated Laboratory Manager with previous research experience in immunology, biotechnology and drug development. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in common laboratory practices, skills, and techniques to support preclinical, translational, and clinical studies. The candidate will have an opportunity to participate in ongoing research programs and co-authoring publications.
The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
Immunology Research: Conduct preclinical, mechanistic and translational studies in the autoimmune disease and immuno-oncology drug development space.
Regulatory Compliance: Support regulatory compliance efforts as instructed by the senior leadership in accordance with IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocols. Implement, organize and maintain regulatory compliance records.
Laboratory Organization: Manage ordering and stock of laboratory supplies. Direct the conduct of standard laboratory upkeep and maintenance to ensure highly organization laboratory workspace. Ensure proper functioning and care of laboratory equipment.
Standard operating procedures: Generate and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for laboratory and research tasks. Ensure compliance to SOPs in conduct of research.
Personnel Training: Training personnel on laboratory upkeep, experimental assays and research projects. Guide the personnel resourcing of projects and tasks.
Laboratory Procedures: Perform various standard experimental immunology assays including quantitative real-time PCR, Western blot, flow cytometry, and ELISA. Work in sterile conditions to conduct cell culture experiments and maintain the growth of cell lines. Express and purify recombinant protein. Collect and analyze generated data.
Animal Procedures: Conduct various IACUC approved laboratory animal procedures and techniques for Landos projects including but not limited to basic rodent handling, oral gavage, intraperitoneal injection, blood collection, and euthanasia. Interact with animal facility personnel to maintain organization and compliance of animal facilities.
Teamwork: Work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment. Be able to successfully work with other Landos team members in experiments and laboratory upkeep.
Communication and reporting: Keep detailed records of all activities, laboratory notebook, the Landos Colony Management System (CMS), and Labkey. Provide weekly updates of the Landos research progress and laboratory organization to the Scientific Director, and Landos team.
Any new responsibilities or changes in the reporting structure as directed by the Landos leadership.
- Passion for teamwork, immense energy, absolute integrity, and an A+ attitude.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with laboratory and research practices
- A+ attitude, great work ethic, and attention to detail
- Robust initiative, passion for Landos Biopharma Inc.
- Capacity to foster a fast-paced, yet supportive, working environment
- Organized with ability to multi-task
- Mouse handling and genotyping
- Laboratory assays: real-time PCR, Western blot, and ELISA
- SOP development, record keeping skills
- Knowledge of mucosal immunity and inflammatory processes
- Multi-parameter flow cytometry staining and analysis
- Analytical software: PRISM, FACS Diva, FlowJo, Excel, SAS, IPA
- Demonstrated experience analyzing, interpreting and presenting experimental data and developing reports
- IACUC, IBC, and IRB protocol writing experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Company’s Facebook page: