The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) analyst/accountant responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, monitoring asset and expense accounts, assisting with monthly and quarterly closing processes, and preparing budgets or forecasts. This position will report to the Finance Director & Controller and respond to information related to FP&A, financial modeling and budget forecasting requests by Landos executives. This position will leverage strong accounting and compliance backgrounds to establish cost structures, determine capital and budgeting for projects, explore historical data and predict future results. The candidate will be completely aligned with the four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial and efficient corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance, plus prepare reports and projections based on this analysis.
- Providing financial models and budget forecasting.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting and exceeding processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Create and maintain a discounted cash flow analysis (DCF) model for each therapeutic asset and for the whole therapeutic pipeline and platform.
- Assisting the Finance Director/Controller as needed.
- Help process month-end and year-end close process.
- Post month end journal entries.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans.
- Accountability for the financial performance of all activities.
- Follows team-oriented, data-driven approaches, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Any other tasks requested by the Chairman, President and CEO.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in alignment with Landos’ corporate culture.