The Facilities Manager will maintain and oversee the company’s grounds, buildings and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional. This position will be tasked with providing, maintaining and developing a number of different services in relations to facilities and equipment management. The facilities manager will also assist laboratory maintenance and repairs as directed. This position will provide a high level of customer service while delivering strategic and tactical execution of facilities, lab and vivarium operations. The Facility Manager will work closely with scientific and non-scientific staff to provide support, including but not limited to purchasing/inventory management, shipping and receiving, equipment maintenance, vendor and building services management, experiment set up, remodeling, and office move management. This individual will manage facilities and lab operations in a 25,000 square facility.
The Facilities Manager will be completely aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Manage or support various facilities administration duties including but not limited to, vendor coordination, and services related to facility electric, HVAC, and plumbing.
- Assist in managing external vendors related to building services (e.g., janitorial, security, food vendors, office and kitchen supplies, landscaping, snow removal)
- Manage office moves as single point of contact to all internal stakeholders.
- Assist internal stakeholders on installation, relocation and repairs of basic laboratory and vivarium assets as well as auxiliary equipment (e.g., metro racks, shelving, ventilated racks, centrifuges.)
- Respond to and frontline all corrective actions within the office, vivarium and laboratory spaces (excluding laboratory instrumentation repairs and calibrations)
- Provide utility assistance as needed for laboratory assets.
- Manage lab gas deliveries and distribution to the labs
- Manage the Shipping & Receiving of packages and assist with the preparation of outgoing packages, including mail services and distribution.
- Delegate cleaning and maintain tasks to team members or approved third party vendors.
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conferences rooms, parking lots and outdoor spaces.
- Assist in organization and upkeep of laboratory supplies, workspace, and equipment in line with standard dictated by the leadership.
- Plan and efficiently execute facilities remodeling.
- Perform routine maintenance on facilities and making repairs as needed.
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensure proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders.
- Create reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff.
- Prepare facilities for changing weather conditions, such as salting sidewalks and parking lots on days when ice accumulation is expected.
- Collaborating with management on budgeting for facilities’ needs.
- Source and oversee contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning, parking, security, and technology.
- Advise on measures to improve efficiency in facility management.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all the company deliberations and plans.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the Chairman, President and CEO.
- Team-science oriented, data-driven, and patient-centric engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in alignment with Landos’ corporate culture.