The Executive Assistant & Public Relations Specialist (EA&PR) provides administrative, PR, and communications support and project coordination for our Office of the CEO to help manage internal and external communications and execute business goals. The EA&PR will perform crucial job duties that interface with the finance department to ensure vendors get paid for services and products rendered. The ideal candidate is a driven, mission-driven, multitasker who can simultaneously focus on the executive office’s strategic goals and stay focused on important details. A “can do….do whatever it takes” “never give up” mentality/attitude. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. She will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The candidate will be well aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Finances: Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; tracking budget expenses; overseeing bookkeeping by using Netsuite; helping company accountants prepare for audits and reports; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions. Ensures accounts are maintained in a manner that is compliant with funding agencies regulations.
- Record Maintenance: Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records. Maintains the intellectual patent portfolio of Landos, including tracking status of patents, grants and publications.
- Payment Processing: Responds to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment and assisting with bank reconciliations. Prepares financial reports to monitor cash position, accounts payable aging detail and payment approvals from various departments. Processes payments for secondary approval.
- Data Entry: Verifies the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirms that the correct general ledger account codes are used. Maintaining and updating company’s financial records, including general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable using generally accepted accounting principles and practices. Maintaining, organizing and filing historical financial records.
- Proposals and contract support: Manages the submission of grants and contract proposals under the direction of the Landos Senior Leadership and Technical teams.
- Scheduling: Maintains calendars for the team. Sets up and schedules appointments and meetings with partners, investors, executives, and others as necessary. Prepares accurate travel estimates, books, travels and manages trip logistics as needed.
- Regulatory: Works with Senior Management to design and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Personnel: Assist with onboarding and separation of employees, consultants and interns. Assists Senior Leadership and maintaining HR functions and policies
- Procurement: Maintains office and Laboratory efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Social Media: Writes Landos press release. Maintains the Landos website and other social media systems such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter.
- Product Development: Commercialization support from development, to sales to marketing.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all activities.
- Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested by the Chairman, President and CEO.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in alignment with the corporate culture.