Landos Biopharma is a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of first-in-class, oral therapeutics for patients with autoimmune diseases. Our team is composed of a wide range of individuals who emulate the Company’s mission of creating a safer and more effective treatment that addresses the therapeutic gap for autoimmune diseases by being bold in their decision making, always achieving the impossible, focusing on solutions, and never giving up. Future team members have the unique opportunity to join a company on the cutting edge of developing life-changing biotherapeutics. Landos Biopharma understands that each team member is a valuable asset as is reflected in the outcomes that are achieved each and every day. For more information on our emerging company and career opportunities please visit www.landosbiopharma.com
The Director of Financial Reporting (“DFR”) provides financial, operational and administrative support and project coordination to execute business goals and objectives. This role is a part of the Finance and Accounting team and performs crucial job duties required for the accurate, complete and timely compilation of financial statements, as required by both US GAAP and the Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”). The ideal candidate is a mission-driven multitasker with broad experience and attention to detail. The DFR will also be responsible to write accounting position papers and oversee and execute the Company’s SOX 404(a) initiatives. This position will also support the preparation of documentation related to the Company’s governance processes, e.g., the Audit Committee presentations. The DFR will conduct real-time competitive analyses of SEC filings of peer companies. The DFR will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and able to multitask on multiple important priorities. The DFR will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and ethics. The DFR will work closely with the Finance and Accounting team to support the financial and operational goals of the Company, interface with senior leadership and assist the VP of Finance in other related duties. The candidate will be completely aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial and efficient corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Prepare SEC filings in conjunction with Management and Disclosure Committee input (e.g., Forms 10-K, 8-K, 10-Q, S-3, Proxy, etc)
- Draft footnote disclosures and supplemental notes to financial statements
- Maintain and meet all SEC filing deadlines while remaining current on filing requirements
- Draft responses to any potential regulatory inquiries (e.g., SEC comment letters)
- Provide the technical accounting analysis for complex transactions in accordance with US GAAP or other authoritative literature
- Document analysis and research conclusions in accounting position memos
- Remain current on US GAAP accounting standards
- Assist with research, analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Develop and support accounting policies, processes and internal controls, consistent with US GAAP and the Company’s SOX 404(a) environment
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close and financial reporting processes; including technical accounting areas, footnote disclosures and audit responses as needed for the accurate, complete and timely development of financial statements
- Oversight and maintenance of the Company’s SOX 404(a) environment, e.g., narratives/flow charts, entity level controls, testwork, etc.
- Ad-hoc internal reporting
- Review specific contracts for accounting, finance and or legal implications
- Enhance existing accounting-related processes
- Support the quarterly external review and annual audit process
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all activities.
- Ethical team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the Company
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in complete alignment with the Corporate Culture
- Licensed CPA required; Big 4 Accounting firm experience preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of work experience, including public company experience.
- BA / BS in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with preparing financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience in implementing accounting and reporting standards
- Strong technical accounting background with thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SOx, and SEC reporting standards
- Experience with technical accounting research and preparation of accounting position papers
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Experience with Active Disclosure
- Experience or familiarity with iXBRL tagging
- NetSuite or comparable ERP experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance