The Director of Accounting provides financial, operations and administrative support and project coordination to execute business goals. This role is a leader on the Financial Operations team and performs crucial job duties that are needed for accurate and timely development of financial statements and required filings. The ideal candidate is a driven, mission-driven, multitasker who can simultaneously focus on the executive office’s strategic goals and stay focused on important accounting details. 5+ years of public company accounting experience, including experience with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K), is a must. A “can do….do whatever it takes” and “never give up” mentality/attitude is also necessary. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. They will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. They will work closely with the finance team to support the financial and operational goals of the Company, interface with senior leadership and reports to the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer.
The candidate will be completely aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ entrepreneurial and efficient corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
- Provide technical accounting analysis for complex transactions in accordance with US GAAP
- Document analysis and research conclusions in accounting memos
- Stay current on US GAAP accounting standards.
- Assist with research, analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- Maintain and meet all SEC filing deadlines.
- Stay current with all SEC filing requirements.
- Develop accounting policies, processes and internal controls, consistent with US GAAP
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close and financial reporting processes; including technical accounting areas, footnote disclosures and audit responses as needed for accurate and timely development of financial statements
- Review contracts for accounting / finance implications
- Enhance existing accounting-related processes
- Interface with auditors.
- Assist with foreign country compliance and reporting requirements as needed
- Assist with onboarding and separation of employees, consultants and interns. Assists Senior Leadership and maintaining HR functions and policies for the finance division.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality of all activities.
- Team player, engendering credibility and confidence within and outside the company.
- Faithfully performs any other tasks requested directly by the Chairman, President & CEO.
- Act in accordance with Landos’ policies and in complete alignment with the Corporate Culture.