Landos Biopharma Inc. is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Chief Financial Officer who will help accrue and capture value in the company. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a key voice in an entrepreneurial corporate culture fueled by innovation and growth that is encapsulated in three fundamental pillars of Landos’s corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, and 3) Do the impossible.
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial reports, manages accounting and auditing of the books, works with finance director to prepare operating budget and aligns budget with scope of work; and provides quarterly updates of capitalization table.
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; working with CEO to maintain relationships with the investment community (bankers and analysts).
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ensures SEC reporting, report to CEO
- Develops and implements Landos’ financial goals
- Oversees the investment of funds and manages associated risks
- Work with finance director to supervise cash management activities and develops reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Work closely with CEO to execute capital-raising strategies to support Landos’ expansion
- Advises CEO on business development and strategic planning
- Work with Finance Director to prepare monthly financial statements, financial packages, and other informational reports/analysis
- Develop and monitor policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines to ensure sufficient cash flow, reduced operating costs, and increased revenues
- Ensure underlying accounting records are accurate, complete and in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare public company audit before IPO.
- Works with controller and finance director to support month-end and year-end close process, Coordinate the preparation quarterly and annual filings (forms 10K and 10Q)
- Review monthly operating reports for accuracy, completeness and major variances between actual and budget results
- Approve monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly and annual fair value reports
- Prepare summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook
- Ensures compliance with tax reporting requirements
- Recommend and manage Landos’ relationship with outside financial consultants
- Any other tasks identified by the President and CEO
Job and Education Experience:
- Passion for teamwork,immense energy, absolute integrity, and an A+ attitude.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Office administration, business and accounting experience
- Five years minimum of relevant experience in a corporate setting required
- Biotech experience required
- Recent experience taking biotech companies successfully to IPO required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance required
- MBA preferred
- A+ attitude, great work ethic, initiative and passion for Landos
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Accounting and Netsuite
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning Vision
- Quality Management
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Corporate Finance
- Developing Budgets
- Financial Skills
- Dealing with Complexity
- Thinking outside the box