Landos Biopharma, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of first-in-class, oral therapeutics for patients with autoimmune diseases. Landos’ lead clinical asset, BT-11, is a first-in-class, oral therapeutic that acts locally in the gastrointestinal tract for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The company has successfully completed Phase 1 clinical testing, initiated Phase 2 clinical testing of BT-11 for ulcerative colitis and plans a Phase 2 trial in Crohn’s disease.
The Business Development Manager is a highly motivated individual, self-started with an A+ attitude and proven ability to follow through who will be involved in managing agile/lean operations. The position will be responsible for collaborations across a variety of external partners including pharmaceutical, biotech, clinical research, and emerging medical technology companies. Supports management in driving growth through new partnerships & collaboration agreements, evaluating new business opportunities such as in/out licensing, collaborative research and development agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. Requires an MBA and at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the biotech field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
The candidate will be aligned with four fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, 3) Be solution-oriented, and 4) Do the impossible.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Manages, selects, evaluates and negotiates business development and partnership agreements for Landos with a focus on pharmaceutical and biotech collaborations.
- Prioritizes the development of territory deals in the Asia Pacific region.
- Supports management in interactions with potential strategic partners.
- Leads and/or supports contract negotiations with external parties on new collaborations.
- Evaluates new business opportunities, markets, and technologies to support Landos’ corporate development initiatives.
- Identifies and engages on new leads and/or supports negotiations on new agreements
- Prospects, analyzes, and solicits new business development collaborations via relevant databases.
- Manages new business development efforts in licensing agreements, coordinates with partner as well as internal cross-functional resources.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations to key internal and external prospects and stakeholders that are successful in persuading the target audience in supporting the business development initiatives.
- Drive and support legal activities related to corporate development deals, including but not limited to: CDAs, MTAs, License agreements, Development and Partnership agreements.
- Works cross functionally with finance, legal, and regulatory to structure successful partnerships.
- Collect, analyze and transmit information regarding market evolution, competitors and technology trends.
- Alliance manages key aspects of business development partnerships & collaborations post deal
- Attend, and lead where appropriate, meetings related to corporate strategy for application areas, licenses, investments, deals and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- MBA Degree Preferred
Career Experience & Skills
- Business development experience in Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, CRO, or other Life Science business.
- Demonstrated ability to close partnership deals, with track record of success– Deal Sheet.
- Ability to apply critical/strategic thinking to each opportunity.
- Experience structuring collaborations and managing alliances.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of product development, regulatory, and scientific affairs as it relates to pharmaceuticals and molecular diagnostics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.