Landos Biopharma, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of first-in-class, oral therapeutics for patients with autoimmune diseases. Landos’ lead clinical asset, BT-11, is a first-in-class, oral therapeutic that acts locally in the gastrointestinal tract for treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). The company has successfully completed Phase 1 clinical testing, initiated Phase 2 clinical testing of BT-11 for ulcerative colitis and plans a Phase 2 trial in Crohn’s disease.
The Business Development Manager is a highly motivated individual, self-started with an A+ attitude and proven ability to follow through who will be involved in managing agile/lean operations. The position will be responsible for collaborations across a variety of external partners including pharmaceutical, biotech, clinical research, and emerging medical technology companies. Supports management in driving growth through new partnerships & collaboration agreements, evaluating new business opportunities such as in/out licensing, collaborative research and development agreements, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions. Requires an MBA and at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the biotech field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Landos is a clinical stage biotech and the candidate will be completely aligned with three fundamental pillars of Landos’ corporate culture: 1) Be bold and decisive, 2) Never give up, and 3) Do the impossible.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Manages, selects, evaluates and negotiates business development and partnership agreements for Landos with a focus on pharmaceutical and biotech collaborations.
- Prioritizes the development of territory deals in the Asia Pacific region.
- Supports management in interactions with potential strategic partners.
- Leads and/or supports contract negotiations with external parties on new collaborations.
- Evaluates new business opportunities, markets, and technologies to support Landos’ corporate development initiatives.
- Identifies and engages on new leads and/or supports negotiations on new agreements
- Prospects, analyzes, and solicits new business development collaborations via relevant databases.
- Manages new business development efforts in licensing agreements, coordinates with partner as well as internal cross-functional resources.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations to key internal and external prospects and stakeholders that are successful in persuading the target audience in supporting the business development initiatives.
- Drive and support legal activities related to corporate development deals, including but not limited to: CDAs, MTAs, License agreements, Development and Partnership agreements.
- Works cross functionally with finance, legal, and regulatory to structure successful partnerships.
- Collect, analyze and transmit information regarding market evolution, competitors and technology trends.
- Alliance manages key aspects of business development partnerships & collaborations post deal
- Attend, and lead where appropriate, meetings related to corporate strategy for application areas, licenses, investments, deals and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of related work experience OR
- Master’s degree in field with 6+ years of related work experience OR
- Doctoral degree in field with 3+ years of work experience.
- MBA Degree Preferred
Career Experience & Skills
- Business development experience in Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, CRO, or other Life Science business.
- Demonstrated ability to close partnership deals, with track record of success– Deal Sheet.
- Ability to apply critical/strategic thinking to each opportunity.
- Experience structuring collaborations and managing alliances.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of product development, regulatory, and scientific affairs as it relates to pharmaceuticals and molecular diagnostics.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.